The 2021 edition of the Arden Park Youth Triathlon was a Swim + Run event. We temporarily removed the bike portion of the race in order to make things easier for race organizers after a couple of years off.
- Swim: 1 Lap (5-6), 3 Laps (7-8), & 5 Laps (9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16).
- Run: 1 Lap (5-6), 3 Laps (7-8), & 4 Laps (9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16).
- The new “Open Division” allows athletes to compete against other athletes outside their age group. For example, an 8-year-old girl who would like to challenge herself by competing against 7 to 10-year-old girls and boys. She would swim 5 laps and run 4 instead of 3 swim laps and 3 run laps. An 11-year-old boy would also swim 5 laps and run 4 laps against other participants aged 11-16.
Race Day Schedule
- 7:45 – 8:30 a.m. – Athlete check-in and body marking.
- 8:15 a.m. – All volunteers check in for shifts at the volunteer table.
- 9:00 a.m. (sharp) – 1st wave goes off (Reminder: if your child misses their start time they will be cut from the event! They can not go out in later waves. Plan to be in place in plenty of time).
- 10:15 a.m. – 2nd shift volunteers should be at their position.
Frequently Asked Questions
- With no bike segment this year, parking is available on the streets surrounding the park.
- Race bibs must be worn on the front of the body. Either on a t-shirt or via a race belt. We do not recommend wearing the race bib during the swim leg of the race.
- Bibs have each participant’s Swim/Bike laps, Wave, and Start Time written on the front. Please review these important details. Plan on arriving at the park 30 minutes before your listed start time.
- Swim laps will be counted by volunteers. Kickboards will be placed in the water to indicate when a swimmer is finished and can exit the water.
- Run laps will be counted by volunteers by placing a mark on each circle that was placed on the runner’s arm at body marking in the morning.